Do you ever find yourself hungry between meals? Surprisingly, t’s not uncommon! Listed below are several ways to handle hunger between meals. Both starvation and overeating lead to cycles of “fest or famine,” and are one of the major causes of extra eating between meals.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Have a protein-based snack. Eat adequate amounts of protein rich foods. Protein helps eliminate hunger sensations because it leaves you with a feeling of fullness longer. It also prevents wide fluctuations in blood sugar levels.
- Drink a small glass of vegetable, tomato, carrot juice.
- Plan alternative activities to combat snacking.
- Get out of the kitchen and go for a walk.
- Increase your daily water consumption. You should be consuming 64+ ounces of water each day.